Old San Juan, Puerto Rico overwhelmed me with it's bursting with color, history & texture.
My mom wanted to celebrate her 60th birthday with a getaway for just us girls. She decided on San Juan, Puerto Rico and that's where my sister Adrianne & I spent almost a week soaking up the sun & sipping mojitos with her. It was such a blessing to not only have quality time with my favorite ladies on the planet, but do it in a beautiful place.
Headed to San Juan soon? These were our favorite spots:
- El Morro - This historic fort has breathtaking views & architecture.
- La Madre - It seems silly to go to a Mexican restaurant in Puerto Rico but trust me, you want their chilequiles & margarita pitcher!
- Waikiki - Again, another misleading name, but this beautiful little seafood restaurant has a white painted patio literally on the water. We felt like we were dining on the deck of a cruise ship. So peaceful!
- La Concha Renaissance - We stayed in this beautiful resort and the accommodations, location and service was perfect. There is an "adults only" infinity pool overlooking the ocean where we spent a whole day. (Adrianne had the sunburn to prove it!)
- Casa Bacardi - When you buy a ticket to the historical tour, you get a complimentary Bacardi cocktail! The grounds of this family owned legendary distillery are absolutely beautiful & learning the history of this iconic brand is inspiring.
Creative spirit living & loving in Raleigh, NC.